Updated: Mar 13
Source: www.civilengineeringblog.com (Date: October 21 2019)
1. Take Care of Your Lawn Do you envy those lush green lawns that you always see in property brochures? You can achieve the same thing with your own yard; you just have to be willing to put in the work. For example, you have to regularly cut, water and fertilize your grass to keep it healthy, and you have to make a point of trimming your bushes and hedges. A gorgeous yard takes effort!
2. Clean Your Gutters Nasty gutters are more than just an eyesore. They can also clog your home’s exterior waterways and cause overflows or structural damage. In extreme cases, they can even cause injuries to homeowners; when gutters are clogged gutters. If you happen to be walking under them when they fall, you might come to sharply, painfully regret your lack of gutter maintenance!
3. Inspect the Roof Are the shingles in good shape? Is there any water damage seeping into the attic? Have you cleared out the wasps in the vents? It’s always important to keep an eye on your roof, especially if you’ve been living in your home for awhile. The older that things get, the more problems that you might face down the line, but a little vigilance today can save you a lot of headache tomorrow.
4. Fix Your Garage Door If your home is more than a few years old, your garage door could probably use some repairs. Hinges can get squeaky; surfaces can get rusty. The good news is that it’s easy to fix these issues with a company like Austin’s Greater Garage Doors. They can repair everything from broken springs to door opener malfunctions, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you think that the entrance to your garage could use some sprucing up.
5. Try a New Coat of Paint You might be surprised at the wonders that you can achieve with a fresh coat of paint. Not only can it cover shallow dents and dings, but it can also help you with lowering the internal temperature of your home. Light colors will deflect sunlight better than dark ones, so if you live in a hot climate, consider a home makeover! These are just a few tips for exterior home maintenance.